Love this! If you’ve just read my other post today, I was just saying how I don’t harass Edward to learn his times tables and what does this research say? Rote memorization does not a great mathematician make – motivation to learn maths, self-motivation, and good study habits (not sure what these are, more info. would have been nice) are the golden keys. Thanks again to FB!
- Incredible Unschooling Science Link
- “Things I wish I had known when I started homeschooling all those years ago”
- “Anything worth doing is worth doing badly” and that includes homeschooling (you’ll see what I mean!)
- Sol Khan hopes his ‘system’ will enable teachers’ “…own humanity to come out in the lesson plan.”
- Sending to kids to college by age 12. What do you think?